It’s hard to make a buck in this sour economy, so most of us just sit and complain about it on Twitter all day. Luckily, Haus Modern Living owner Lew Gallo thought of a clever way to bring the two concepts together — spending money at deserving local businesses and tweeting while doing it. He’s introducing TwitterHunt. The concept is pretty simple and fun, and it only requires that you want to spend some cash and have a Twitter account. Here’s the scoop.
Twelve local businesses will be participating in the event on November 12 (Haus, Oliver & Annie, Stinkweeds, Urban Cookies, Postino, Lisa G, Hula’s Modern Tiki, Gallo Blanco Café, Maizie’s, Frances, Red Hot Robot and Smeeks). This is how it works:
- At 4 p.m. all of the businesses participating in the TwitterHunt will be sending out their first tweet instructing all of their followers to go to one of three businesses to begin.
- When you arrive at the first business, you make a purchase and receive an envelope marked either A, B or C that contains a prize to be redeemed at another store in the hunt. DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE OR THE PRIZE IS VOID!
- At 5 p.m. you will receive the next tweet that lets you know which store to go to based on your marked envelope.
- When you arrive at the next business, you hand the envelope to the cashier and they will open it and give you your prize.
- To stay in the hunt, you then make a purchase at that store and receive another envelope marked A, B or C that works the same way. Wait until 6 p.m. to find out which store to proceed to next and claim your prize. The tweets will be sent out every hour on the hour from 4 until 8 p.m. — that’s 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 p.m. TwitterHunt is over at 10 p.m.
For more information, become a fan of TwitterHunt on Facebook.