DPJ’s Wire series delivers news and information straight from the source without translation.
HARD ROCK’S WORLD BURGER TOUR TAKES GUESTS ON THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME
Local Legendary™ Burgers from Around the World Return to Hard Rock Cafe for an Encore Performance
Hard Rock Cafe locations in North America are celebrating the start of burger season with a menu showcasing international Local Legendary™ Burgers — from the English Breakfast Burger, which pays homage to a classic English breakfast, and Hard Rock’s first-ever location in London, to the Jamaican Jerk Burger, which features mango jalapeño cream cheese and jerk seasoning inspired by Montego Bay. The limited-time menu is available now through Thursday, June 30, 2016.
“Our World Burger Tour menu was a fan-favorite last summer, so we’ve remixed the menu and added burgers with authentic, regional flavors from Athens, Mumbai, Buenos Aires and more on this year’s tour,” said Alex Merchan, Sr. Director, Marketing & Sales Cafes Worldwide of Hard Rock International. “For the first time, we’re also offering a World Burger Tour trip so guests can pack their bags and see the sights and sounds that have inspired our burgers for the past 44 years.”
Backstage Burger Pass
Hard Rock gives chefs at their cafes the freedom to create a unique Local Legendary Burger that captures the flavors of their city. This year more than 160 local burgers were evaluated by Hard Rock’s culinary team with fan favorites selected to headline the World Burger Tour menu. Throughout May and June, Hard Rock Cafe menus* will feature the following World Burger Tour offerings:
- English Breakfast Burger (London, England) – a Certified Angus Beef® patty topped with sliced ham, a sausage patty, a fried egg, a portobello mushroom, arugula and garlic aioli and served with a side of baked beans
- Java Lava Burger (Seattle, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty grilled and dressed in a house-made espresso rub and topped with lava sauce, crunchy java onions, bacon, melted Cheddar cheese and garnished with a fried jalapeño
- Tandoori Chicken Burger (Mumbai, India) – a dark meat chicken patty seasoned with aromatic spices and fresh herbs, topped with mint mayonnaise and served with a side of cucumber
- Jamaican Jerk Burger (Montego Bay, Jamaica) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with banana pepper rings, mango jalapeño cream cheese and jerk mayo
- ATOMIC! Burger (Las Vegas, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with Atomic beer-battered peppers, pepper jack cheese, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, garlic chipotle ketchup and chipotle mayo
- Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with andouille sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, chips de batata, a fried egg, salsa criolla and garlic aioli
- Greek Burger (Athens, Greece) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with arugula, feta cheese and a tomato slice
- Aloha Burger (Honolulu, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with Portuguese sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, a grilled pineapple ring with sweet soy glaze, guacamole, pico de gallo, served with Furikake french fries
“Hard Rock wanted to offer a unique blend of spicy, sweet and savory flavors for our guests to enjoy on this year’s World Burger Tour,” said Darryl Mickler, Senior Director of Research and Development for Hard Rock International. “Whether we’re serving up coffee beans in Seattle or salsa criolla from Buenos Aires, there is something for every palate.”
Photos courtesy of Hard Rock Cafe.