DPJ’s Wire series delivers news and information straight from the source without translation.
The Newton Showcases Local Food Makers at Indoor Artisan Food Fair
Featuring Local Fill-Your-Pantry Food Vendors Including PB Americano, Grass Fed Beef Crisps, Mama’s Cold Brew Coffee, and More
What: The Newton will be hosting a local food fair from noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday, June 7th, 2015, highlighting local packaged and “pantry” food items for summer. The fair will be located in The Commons, The Newton’s 2,000 square foot main event space. This event will spotlight a wide range of foods available from popular and new local food makers including:
- Brat Haus stone hearth baked pretzels
- Delighted by Hummus sweet (and trendy!) dips
- Dust seasonings and rubs
- Fire Lips hot sauces
- Fluff It Marshmallows
- Gilbert Olive Oil infused oils and vinegars
- Grass Fed Beef Crisps jerky
- Herbescent Organic Tea & Botanicals
- Mama’s Cold Brew coffee and handcrafted cremers
- No Glutes About It gluten-free baked treats
- PB Americano nut butters
- Pickled Perfection spicy pickles
- Portobello Foods pasta sauces and more
- The Proper Beast additive-free Arizona sausages
- Sprouted Kids organic superfood cookies
Who: The Newton is a mixed-use commercial space, currently home to the Phoenix location of Changing Hands Bookstore, Justin Beckett’s Southern Rail Restaurant, Southwest Gardener, and Christofolo Schermer Consulting. The Newton, which opened in Spring 2014, is an adaptive reuse project by Venue Projects, designed by John Douglas Architects, housed in what was formerly Phoenix’s iconic Beef Eaters restaurant.
When: Sunday, June 7th from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: The Newton, 300 West Camelback Road, Phoenix, Arizona 85013
Images courtesy of The Newton.