DPJ’s Wire series delivers news and information straight from the source without translation.
To celebrate the Andy Warhol: Portraits exhibition that opens at Phoenix Art Museum on March 4, the public is invited to the Exploding Plastic Inevitable with live interpretations inspired by Andy Warhol from 6 to 10 p.m. on Friday, March 6 at the Museum.
- Light works
- Wooden Indian
- Four Chambers Press
- Liliana Gomez
- Yai Cecream
- Francisco Flores
- Jar of Buttons
- Tumble Tees
- Palabra | hair.art.collective
- Vintage fashions
Exhibitions on view:
- Andy Warhol: Portraits – $2 (only during the March 6 #phxff)
- Leonardo da Vinci’s Codex Leicester and The Power of Observation – $8 for Adults, $5 for youth 6-17 after 6 p.m.
- PLATINUM: Contemporary Photography – free after 6 p.m.
- Mysteries from Europe: Works by Unidentified Artists – free after 6 p.m.
- All That Glitters is Not Gold: Platinum Photography from the Center for Creative Photography – free after 6 p.m.
- Fashioned In America – free after 6 p.m.
- Sacred Stories and Images of the Buddha: The Vessantara Jataka Scroll – free after 6 p.m.
Phoenix Art Museum is one of four Artlink Phoenix First Friday Trolley hubs. Park and enjoy the Museum then take the trolley tour and explore all the downtown Phoenix arts and culture destinations. The Museum is conveniently located by the Central and McDowell Valley Metro Lightrail station.
Enter to win a Museum Membership:
- Share the party on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtags #Warholphx + #EPI for a chance to win a free Museum Membership.
- One winner will be selected and notified by March 13.
- Ernst & Young LLP
If you go
When: Friday, March 6, 6 to 10 p.m.
Where: Phoenix Art Museum, 1625 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004
Admission: Free general admission