Fourth Annual Inspired Soles Show and Charity Benefit
Stilettos transformed into works of art by local artists, designers and celebrities
Back by popular demand– it’s the fourth annual “Inspired Soles” stiletto art show and auction benefiting Artlink. If you’re one of the local artists/designers/celebrities who participated in this show in the past, we hope you’ll do it again. If you’re new to this event, just know that every year we’ve staged it this show has drawn record crowds, widespread news coverage and diverse, excited patrons. This year, we’re happy to announce new partnerships with Neiman Marcus and the Luhrs Tower that will increase exposure for the event, and help us raise even more money for Artlink.
It’s easy and fun to participate! As in past years, we’ll provide the stilettos. You provide the inspiration!
WHAT: Inspired Soles features black stilettos transformed into works of art by more than 50 participating artists, designers, celebrities and other creative individuals. We love it because the shoes are incredible. Artists love participating because it draws a packed house, and offers incredible networking opportunities with patrons, and other artists.
WHO: The show is produced and promoted by BJC Public Relations, a women-owned public relations agency that also LOVES shoes. But the true force behind this show is the artists and designers who their volunteer time and talent to turning shoes into incredibly creative works of art.
WHEN: This year we’ll showcase the shoes at two events – a VIP “Sneak Preview/Silent Auction” fundraising event that will take place on Thursday, April 2, 2015, and then the shoes will remain on display for the public to enjoy on First Friday, April 3, 2015. We hope participating artists will consider attending both events. Neiman Marcus has generously offered to promote the show, and will be previewing some of the shoes during a three-day event that is taking place in-store the week prior to our event.
WHERE: The show has moved to a new location that offers more space and exposure. The VIP “Sneak Preview/Silent Auction” and First Friday events will be held at Luhrs Tower at 11 W. Jefferson in downtown Phoenix.
WHY: We want to draw more people downtown, and introduce them to you and our arts community. That is why a portion of the proceeds for this annual event support Artlink, a nonprofit organization dedicated to linking artists, business and the public to better understand, appreciate and promote the thriving arts community in Central Phoenix. In the past three years, the show has generated more than $6,000 for Artlink. We hope this year’s event sets a new fundraising record.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATING ARTISTS
- Order your stiletto shoe by calling Taylor Wilson at 602-541-2224 or Taylor@bjc.com. If your design requires more than one stiletto, please let us know how many, and we’ll do our best to provide what you need.
- Your shoe will be delivered to you, or you can pick it up from our office.
- Design your stiletto. Enough said!
- Complete the “Art and Artist Information Form” (which is included in this document)
- Return your stiletto and the “Art and Artist Information Form” to: BJC Public Relations, 650 N. 6th Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85003, (602) 277-9530, x232
- If you ship via FedEx – select the 3-day option – it’s cheaper and often arrives in a day
- Email or call BJC Public Relations with the TRACKING number of your shipment. Our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EARLY BIRDS GET THE WORM. If you would like your stiletto art featured in our publicity efforts, we need to have your submission in our hands the week of March 6. So do yourself a favor, and create your work of art the minute you get inspiration. Want even more coverage? Send some pics of your “work of art” to be included in our social media outreach!
- ALL submissions are due NO LATER than Friday, March 20. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS, as we need time to stage the show especially now that it will be held off-site.