DPJ’s Wire series delivers news and information straight from the source without translation.
CityScape Phoenix Home to Super Bowl XLIX Festivities & Parties
Close to one million people will descend on CityScape and Downtown Phoenix when all of the action surrounding Super Bowl XLIX begins Wednesday, Jan. 28 through Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 1.
While a variety of the hottest celebrity parties will take over many of the CityScape restaurants and bars for private events, there will be an opportunity to get in on the action with open-to-the-public activities such as an autograph signing, outdoor ice skating, dining at Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails and enjoying Bud Light Hotel, Live @ the Living Room, which will have a DJ nightly.
“RED Development and CityScape Phoenix are thrilled to help bring Super Bowl Central to Downtown Phoenix through our partnerships with the NFL and the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee,” says Jeff Moloznik, vice president of development for RED. “CityScape will be at the heart of all the excitement leading up to the big game and on Super Bowl Sunday.”
Opportunities at CityScape Phoenix that are open to the public include:
Autograph Signing at Patriots Park at CityScape Phoenix
Former players will be signing autographs for fans as part of Verizon Super Bowl Central.
- Free and open to the public.
- Wednesday, Jan. 28 through Sunday, Feb. 1.
- Days and times are subject to change and yet to be determined.
Puppy Bowl Café
Animal Planet is taking over The Corner and hosting Puppy Bowl XI. Come watch the Ruff vs. Fluff action to find out which team will be victorious with puppies from the Arizona Humane Society.
- Times and date to be announced soon.
CitySkate at CityScape Phoenix
Take a spin on the Valley’s largest outdoor ice rink now through Feb. 2.
- Day Session: 11am – 1:30pm (Daily). Night Session: 4pm – 11pm (Sun.– Fri.),4pm – Midnight (Sat.). Hours may vary.
- Kids and Adults – $12 each
- Military, Kids Under 4, Seniors – $6 each
- College Students (with valid student ID) and groups of 10 or more – $10 each
- Visit www.cityskatephx.com to purchase tickets and for a list of hours. Admission includes skate rental and unlimited skating all day.
Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails
Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails will be open to the public throughout Super Bowl week for those looking to grab a bite, a craft cocktail and possibly spot some celebrities and football players.
- From Thursday, Jan. 29 through Saturday, Jan. 31, the restaurant is offering a special three-course full dinner menu for $65++. Hours of operation will vary from the regular schedule: Lunch: 11am-3pm. Bar Menu: 3pm-5pm. Dinner: 5pm-11pm.
- Reservations are strongly recommended.
- For more information, visit http://www.bluehoundkitchen.com or call 602-258-0231.
- Address: 2 East Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Bud Light Hotel, Live @ the Living Room
LUSTRE Rooftop Garden will open Live @ the Living Room, a pop-up nightlife hotspot, offering beer, cocktails and light fare with a guest DJ spinning nightly. The pop-up lounge will be located in the living room area adjacent to Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails.
- Friday, Jan. 30 through Saturday, Jan. 31
- Open 4pm – 2am.
- Open to the public.
- For more information, visit http://www.bluehoundkitchen.com/ or call 602-258-0231.
- Address: 2 East Jefferson Street, Phoenix
Celebrity and VIP private parties at CityScape include:
Located at Lucky Strike / Gypsy Bar /Copper Blues
Thursday, Jan. 29 – Sunday, Feb. 1
NFL guests will attend this private event.
Located at Stand Up Live
Thursday, Jan. 29 – Sunday, Feb. 1
Alumni and Hall of Fame players will attend this private event.
Bud Light House of Whatever
Friday, Jan. 30 – Sunday, Feb. 1
Kimpton’s Hotel Palomar Phoenix at CityScape transforms into “Bud Light House of Whatever” for three days of private parties, concerts and #UpForWhatever activities.
Image provided by CityScape