Wire*— The Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks, @LosDbacks) will open their 20th anniversary season Thursday, March 29 at 7:10 p.m. versus the Colorado Rockies with a series of special pregame events at Chase Field.
Opening Day festivities include:
- BBWAA National League Manager of the Year award to Torey Lovullo
- Louisville Silver Slugger Award presentation to Paul Goldschmidt
- Rawlings Gold Glove Award presentations to Goldschmidt and Zack Greinke
- National anthem sung by local favorite and creator of “D-backs Swing” Roger Clyne
- Flyover by four F-35s from the 309th Fighter Squadron from Luke Air Force Base at the conclusion of the anthem
- Weather permitting, the roof will be open for the game
The ceremonial first pitch will include a D-backs representative from each of the club’s six Postseason teams.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy the Opening Day Street Festival, presented by Fry’s Food Stores. The Opening Day Street Festival will begin at 4:00 p.m. in front of the Gila River Casinos Plaza along 4th Street and Jackson and will feature food trucks, D-backs inflatables, music by Sapphire Sky and several other activities. Fans can also enjoy SOL La Terraza in the Upper Right Field Concourse before the game, and features a Latin vibe with specialized décor, live music and authentic regional food.
Game Seven Grill will open at 2:00 p.m. for fans to enjoy outdoor seating. As fans enter the stadium, D-backs staff will hand out 40,000 2018 D-backs Schedule Magnet, courtesy of Pepsi, and 40,000 Rally Towels, courtesy of Leslie’s Pool Supplies.
Limited tickets are still available for Opening Day and the rest of the series against the Rockies (March 29-31), including the D-backs’ 20th Anniversary game this Saturday, and can be purchased online at dbacks.com/tickets, by calling 602.514.8400 or at the Chase Field Box Office.
Featured Image provided by the Arizona Diamondbacks. Photo by Kelsey Grant.