Trellis kicks off new “Good Neighbor Initiative” with art show featuring artistically designed front porch benches that will be awarded to 12 deserving individuals
GOOD NEIGHBOR INITIATIVE – WHO DESERVES THE BEST SEAT ON THE BLOCK?
Trellis and the 6th Avenue Gallery are kicking off a new “Good Neighbor Initiative” at a First Friday event that features 12 creatively designed, one-of-a-kind front porch benches that will awarded to 12 deserving good neighbors, once a month, throughout the year. Trellis, a 40-year old Valley nonprofit dedicated to making stable homes and communities possible, is launching the “Good Neighbor Initiative” in conjunction with National NeighborWorks Week (June 6-13). Come see, and sit in these warm and welcoming benches that have been designed by local artists, and nominate a good neighbor to win one for his/her front porch. The front porch bench exhibition includes a backdrop of captivating images from the lenses of photo journalists at The Arizona Republic.
- Nominate a “Good Neighbor” to win a unique, one-of-a-kind front porch bench created and donated by Grizzly Iron.
- Meet the artists who generously donated their time to create these works of art.
- Find out how you can purchase a “Good Neighbor” bench for your home too
- Participate in the creation of a community “Front Porch” bench
- Pose for “Good Neighbor” photos that will be posted on AZCentral.com
- Tell us what traits make a #GoodNeighbor in 140 characters or less for chance to win a custom porch bench. Winner drawn on June 5 at 6th Avenue Gallery. Must be present to win!
First Friday, June 5, 6 – 9 p.m.
6th Avenue Gallery, 650 N. 6th Avenue in downtown Phoenix, 85003
Images courtesy of 6th Avenue Gallery.