Some news items don’t need translation. That’s why DPJ launched the From the Wire series, so we could serve the destinations here by posting information and announcements – in their own words.
SOME LIKE IT HAUTE!
6th Avenue Gallery issues summer challenge to Arizona fashion designers
Where’s the fashion inspiration when the mercury hits 110+ degrees (in the shade)? Only designers in Arizona’s desert heat can relate to our intense summers, and we want to showcase in Arizona’s hot design talent! 6th Avenue Gallery invites you and other local designers to inspire Arizonans to think beyond flip flops and tank tops with our upcoming “Some Like it Haute” summer show and sale.
We’re issuing a 110-degree challenge to you and other designers to conceptualize, design and create a hot and haute summer look that will be featured in the “Some Like it Haute” show that will debut on First Friday in June, and continue through July.
This is your opportunity to show and sell your wearable summer designs, while also enlightening audiences about the fashion design process. It’s our gallery’s opportunity to showcase and support local designers in the fashion industry.
The gallery reserves a 25% commission on any sales that are procured as a result of the show, so please keep this in mind when pricing your submission. We will be able to process orders for your fashions that evening, and through the duration of the show in June and July.
6th Avenue Gallery is located in downtown Phoenix in a building that also houses two powerhouse public relations agencies, so be assured that this show will be well publicized. For more information, visit our website 6th Avenue Gallery.
See below for guidelines on participating!
Local designers rise to a 110-degree fashion challenge
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR PARTICIPATING FASHION DESIGNERS IN ARIZONA:
• Contact BJC Public Relations by email (6thAvenueGallery@bjc.com) or phone (602) 277-9530, x-231 to let us know that you want to participate. If you have a resume and photo, please send both in an email. Otherwise we will contact you to get information for inclusion in our marketing and promotional outreach for the show.
• Determine the summer look you will be showcasing, and if possible, capture your creative process along the way. Our show will feature notes, sketches, material samples, photos, and anything else that documents your work from the concept to completion. We request that your design(s) be unique to this show.
• Complete the “Designer Information Form” (request this form when contacting the gallery).
• Deliver your “Some Like it Haute” submission and “Designer Information Form” to:
BJC Public Relations
650 N. 6th Avenue (6th Ave. and McKinley, south of Roosevelt)
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
(602) 277-9530, x231
• TIP #1: if you ship via FedEx – select the 3-day option – it’s cheaper and often arrives in a day. Email or call BJC Public Relations with the TRACKING number of your shipment. Our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Submissions are due Friday, May 25.
• Last but not least, please clear your calendar for Friday, June 1 for the First Friday debut of this show. We would like for all participating designers to be here when we debut and celebrate this unique summer art show.