DPJ’s Wire series delivers news and information straight from the source without translation.
Arizona Science Center is starting 2017 off in the roaring 20’s. Join them for this adults-only event as they travel back in time to a prohibition era-inspired party which includes science with a Speakeasy twist. Dress as a flapper, bootlegger or gangster and enjoy food, music and specialty cocktails including Highball and Gin Ricky while roaming all four levels of the Center. Shh…this speakeasy is for adults 21 and over. Make sure you’re on the list!
Make sure to say the password to enjoy the following activities:
• Swing, Foxtrot or do the Lindy Hop throughout the evening as DJ Joseph Mercado mixes the 1920s with 2017 electronic beats
• Try a Gin Ricky, Highball or Dark and Stormy- popular Prohibition cocktails*
• Learn about Arizona during the Prohibition by Marshall Shore, Hip Historian
• Dress up as a flapper, gangster or bootlegger and enter the 1920s Costume Contest
• Enjoy a Chicken and Mac n’ Cheese dinner provided by LoLos Chicken and Waffles*
• See special science demos with a speakeasy twist
WHEN: Friday, January 20, 2017 from 6–10 p.m.
WHERE: Arizona Science Center, 600 E. Washington Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85004
WHO: Adults 21 and over
COST: General Admission: $12 Non-members | $10 Members *Additional cost for cocktails and dinner. Purchase tickets at the door or online at azscience.org/ScienceWithATwist.
Images courtesy of Arizona Science Center.