Heroes and villains alike will unite in downtown for the annual Phoenix Comicon this Thursday through Sunday at the Phoenix Convention Center. This pop culture celebration of all things comic book will include appearances from actors, artists and authors; workshops; film festivals; meetups; demonstrations; vendors and a whole lot more.
You can find full details for the four-day event on their website, but here are a few logistical things you should know before you descend on downtown:
• Advanced registration online at www.phoenixcomicon.com is recommended.
• Attendees are encouraged to take alternative transportation including the METRO Light Rail, city buses, pedicabs, Green cabs or carpooling when possible.
• Parking is available for $20 in the Convention Center North, Regency, Heritage and East garages, visit phoenixconventioncenter.com/parking to see garage locations.
• Third Street will be closed from Washington to Monroe streets beginning at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1 to Midnight on Sunday, June 5.
• Registration/Membership packet pick up is in the North Building, Rooms 120 A-C, the building entrance is on Monroe between Third and Fifth streets.
• All bags will be searched and costume weapons must be peace bonded (tagged) before entering the building.
• The parking pull-ins are reserved for ADA drop off and pick up locations.
• Dedicated ADA wheelchair entrance is located on Monroe Street (between Third and Fifth streets) near the North Ballroom.
• This event has activities located in all Convention Center buildings including in the Upper and Lower Level Exhibit Halls. Priority use of elevators is reserved for ADA visitors.
There will be a series of outdoor activities on Third Street including performances on the main stage, a disc jockey and food trucks for attendees’ enjoyment.
Along with a multitude of activities at the Convention Center, you’ll also find the “Quest Fest” Pre-Party at Cityscape happening Thursday, June 2 from 4 – 10 p.m. This includes specials at select CityScape tenants, prizes and a screening of Goonies. Find all the details here.
During all four days of Comicon, CityScape will be hosting the POWER UP OASIS in Patriots Park, which will feature charging stations, misters and a seating area with games.