DPJ’s Wire series delivers news and information straight from the source without translation.
D-BACKS ANNOUNCE SUBWAY® FAN FEST DETAILS FOR THIS SATURDAY
The Arizona Diamondbacks will host the 12th annual SUBWAY® D-backs Fan Fest from Noon-4:00 p.m. this Saturday, Feb. 20, at Chase Field. This year’s FREE event will offer fans unprecedented access to current players, coaches, alumni and broadcasters, including Q&A, autograph and photo sessions on the field.
With more than 25,000 fans at Fan Fest last year, the D-backs have expanded this year’s event and will feature a variety of activities for everyone, including:
- Fans can hit in the batting cages
- Player photo opportunities, courtesy of Smile Generation
- 50/50 Raffle tickets, supported by Western Refining, will be sold and one lucky fan will win half the jackpot and the other half will benefit the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation
- Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Yard Sale
- D-backs Race Against Cancer registration, presented by University of Arizona Cancer Center at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s
- D-backs Team Shop, presented by Majestic
- D-backs Authentics featuring game-used memorabilia
- @Dbacks Social Media Zone
- Live music by The Walkens
- Family Fun Zone featuring speed pitch, T-ball and other interactive inflatables
- Wiffle ball fields featuring D-backs players, coaches and staff from the D-backs Baseball Academy, presented by Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Live Sports broadcast on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM and La Mejor 1400 AM throughout the day
- FOX Sports Arizona and Sanderson Ford KidKaster auditions
- Sanderson Ford Cronista Infantil D-backs Spanish broadcast auditions for La Mejor 1400 AM
- Kids’ activity area, including face painting, airbrush tattoos and balloon artists courtesy of Banana Boat ® sunscreens
- Free autographs from players, coaches and broadcasters for kids 12 and under
- Receive information about National Anthem, Rally-backs, Golden Glovers and D-backs Legends Racers tryouts
- First 3,000 fans will receive a SUBWAY® cash card loaded with amounts ranging from $1 – $100
Among the D-backs players currently scheduled to attend include Nick Ahmed, Silvino Bracho, Archie Bradley, Socrates Brito, Enrique Burgos, Welington Castillo, Andrew Chafin, Josh Collmenter, Patrick Corbin, Rubby De La Rosa, Randall Delgado, Brandon Drury, Zack Godley, Paul Goldschmidt, Tuffy Gosewisch, Phil Gosselin, Zack Greinke, Oscar Hernandez, Chris Herrmann, Keith Hessler, Daniel Hudson, Dominic Leone, Jake Lamb, Evan Marshall, Shelby Miller, Peter O’Brien, Chris Owings, David Peralta, A.J. Pollock, Robbie Ray, Matt Reynolds, Jean Segura, Matt Stites, Yasmany Tomás, Tyler Wagner and Brad Ziegler.
Coaches expected to participate include Manager Chip Hale, Bench Coach Glenn Sherlock, First Base Coach Dave McKay, Hitting Coach Dave Magadan, Assistant Hitting Coach Mark Grace, Third Base Coach Matt Williams, Pitching Coach Mike Butcher, Bullpen Coach Garvin Alston, Coach/Interpreter Ariel Prieto and Quality Control Coach Mike Fetters.
Broadcasters Bob Brenly, Steve Berthiaume, Greg Schulte, Tom Candiotti, Rodrigo Lopez, Oscar Soria and Richard Saenz will also be in attendance, as well as President & CEO Derrick Hall, Chief Baseball Officer Tony La Russa, Senior Vice President & General Manager Dave Stewart, Luis Gonzalez and J.J. Putz among several other former D-backs players.
For additional information regarding SUBWAY® D-backs FanFest, please visit dbacks.com/fanfest or call 602.462.FEST (3378).