DPJ’s Wire series delivers news and information straight from the source without translation.
5th Annual Inspired Soles Show and Charity Benefit
Stilettos transformed into works of art by local artists, designers and celebrities
Back by popular demand. It’s the fifth annual Inspired Soles stiletto art show and auction produced by BJC Public Relations and benefiting Artlink. If you have participated in this show in the past, we hope you’ll do it again. If you’re new to this event, just know that every year we’ve staged it, this show has drawn widespread news coverage and diverse, excited patrons. This year, we’re happy to announce two exciting additions to our show – Inspired Soles Wearable Designs and our first-ever online auction. Read on to get the scoop.
It’s easy and fun to participate! We provide the stilettos. You provide the inspiration. If you’re curious about the work other artists have submitted for past shows, check out photos of their Inspired Soles submissions at www.inspiredsoles.com.
WHAT: Inspired Soles features stilettos transformed into works of art by more than 75 participating artists, designers, celebrities and other creative individuals. The shoes are incredible, and the show always draws a packed house. This year, we’re hosting a live, online auction both evenings, giving people who attend the show, as well as those who can’t be there a chance to get in on the fun. Tell your friends and relatives who live in distant places they can bid on your shoes too.
WHO: The show is produced and promoted by BJC Public Relations, a women-owned public relations agency that LOVES shoes. But the true force behind this show is the artists who volunteer time and talent to turn shoes into incredibly creative works of art.
WHEN: We’ll be hosting two events:
• VIP Preview 5-8 p.m., Thursday, March 31, 2016
• First Friday event 6-10 p.m., Friday, April 1, 2016
We hope participating artists will attend both events.
WHERE: Unexpected Gallery, 734 W. Polk Street
WHY: We do this because we love shoes, artists and downtown Phoenix. That’s why a portion of the proceeds for this annual event support Artlink, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting a thriving arts community in downtown Phoenix. Over the past four years, the show has generated more than $10,000 for Artlink. We hope this year’s event sets a new fundraising record.
WEAR’EM: We always have a few Inspired Soles that make women swoon and ask when we will be introducing wearables to the show. So this year we’re doing it, providing there are artists who rise to the occasion. The shoes had better be pretty spectacular because they will also be showcased at The Foundre Hotel, the new arts boutique hotel opening later this year. Our goal with Inspired Soles Wearables is to possibly generate revenue for our artists and our show. Details for submissions are provided in the artist guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATING ARTISTS
- Order your stiletto shoe by calling Taylor Wilson at 602-541-2224 or InspiredSoles@bjc.com. If your design is “wearable” and requires a pair of shoes, please submit your request along with our “Inspired Soles Wearable” Guidelines.
- Your shoe(s) will be delivered to you, or you can pick it up from our office.
- Design your shoes. Enough said!
- Complete the “Art and Artist Information Form” (which is included in this document)
- Return your stiletto and the “Art and Artist Information Form” to: BJC Public Relations, 650 N. 6th Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85003, Subterranean level, (602) 277-9530, x232
- If you ship via FedEx, select the 3-day option – it’s cheaper and often arrives in a day.
- Email or call BJC Public Relations with the TRACKING number of your shipment. Our email is: email@example.com
- EARLY BIRDS GET THE WORM. If you would like your stiletto art featured in our publicity efforts, we need to have your submission in our hands by March 11. So do yourself a favor, and create your work of art the minute you get inspiration. Want even more coverage? Send some progress pics of your “work of art” to be included in our social media outreach!
- ALL submissions are due NO LATER than Monday, March 21. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS, as we need time to stage the show for advance publicity efforts.
Images courtesy of BJC Public Relations.