One of the advantages of not living in the ‘burbs is the amount of fabulous alternative shopping markets and pop-up shopping experiences downtown Phoenix has to offer. DPJ has you covered with a list of a few of our favorites for Black Friday and Small Business Saturday.
Alternative Black Friday Vintage Market
Try something different this Black Friday: sleep in, avoid the crowds, enjoy live music and sip mimosas all while supporting local vendors at CityScape Phoenix‘s fourth annual Alternative Friday Vintage Market.
· More than 20 local vendors
· Vintage clothes, antiques, jewelry, decor & more
· Handmade Marketplace
· Local musicians performing
· The Corner will serve mimosas, local craft beer & wine
· CitySkate ice skating from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. for $6
· First 300 shoppers get an exclusive gift bag.
Event is free and open to the public.
Friday, November 27, 2015
10am – 4pm (Skating from 11am – 1:30pm)
CityScape Phoenix – Patriots Park
(Between First Avenue and First Street and between Washington and Jefferson streets)
FREE 2-hour parking with validation.
Zinnia’s Black Friday Vintage Pod Sale
Skip the Black Friday crowds and join Zinnia’s at Melrose Mall for some laid back vintage shopping. They have to clean out their 20ft storage pod by the end of the month, which means a whole lot of vintage furniture, decor, antiques, salvage, and more at amazing prices!
Zinnia’s will have cookies, hot coffee, a 20ft pod full of vintage and antique treasure, and another 10,000 square feet of sales from their vendors.
Friday, November 27, 2015
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Zinnia’s at Melrose
724 W. Indian School Rd. PHX 85013
Black Friday at Phoenix Art Museum
Get a start on your holiday shopping with unique, art-inspired gifts from the Phoenix Art Museum.
- First 50 non-Member shoppers will receive a complimentary one year Dual or Family Membership! (Valued at $80-$90)
- Non-Members save 10% and Members save 20% in The Museum Store all day (In-store purchases only)
- Find unique art-inspired gifts, books, and even gift memberships!
- See fashion exhibition, The White Shirt According to Me. Gianfranco Ferré and Ai Weiwei: Circle of Animals / Zodiac Heads: Gold for free, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Non-Members enjoy 10% off while Members save 20% off breakfast or lunch at Palette from 10:30 am – 3:30 pm. Make reservations online or call (602) 257-2191
WHEN: Friday, November 27, 2015. Doors open at 8 a.m. with complimentary coffee and donuts while supplies last.
Phoenix Art Museum
1625 N. Central Avenue Phoenix, 85004
Shop for the cats and cat lovers on your list at Hauspanther Studio, who will open their doors to the public for a number of special shopping events throughout the holidays. Find handmade cat toys, cat jewelry & other accessories, cat-themed gifts, and more.
Nov. 27 & 28: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Dec. 3 & 4*: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Dec. 17 & 18: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
* Dec 4 will be a special fundraiser for the Animal Defense League of Arizona, 20% of boutique sales will be donated to ADLA.
Hauspanther Studio is located inside Bragg’s Pie Factory – 1301 W Grand Ave.
Free parking is available in the lot at Grand and McKinley. The entrance to the studio faces McKinley (look for signs.)
Phoenix Flea is a modern market for vintage items, fine art & crafts, fashion, artisan food, & much more.
Local artists and craftsmen, along with traveling shops selling handcrafted goods, vintage clothing and collectibles, art, decor, fashion, artisan food, & more. Find more details and a full list of vendors here.
Entrance fee is $5. Children 12 and under are free.
Saturday, November 28, 2015
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Heritage Square, 113 N 6th Street, Phoenix