David Krietor has served as CEO of Downtown Phoenix, Inc. (“DPI”) since April 8, 2013. In that time, he has worked with community stakeholders to develop the downtown we want. “Your Downtown” shares his thoughts and DPI’s progress with the downtown community and beyond. Read the other chats here.
More than 750 Marines will travel from Camp Pendleton, Calif. and across the nation for Marine Week Phoenix. This is an important campaign for the U.S. Marine Corps, because it allows them to directly connect with the American public and showcase who they are and what they do for the Nation. Additionally, Marines will be interacting with our community and giving back through service projects and leadership building events, as well as demonstrating their capabilities, technology, and equipment.
We are privileged to host them for a number of activities in Downtown Phoenix including Marine exhibits, robotics, working dog demonstrations, silent drill platoon performances, Marine Rock Concerts, and daily workouts at Civic Space Park. Additionally, there will be large equipment displays at 1st Street and Jefferson and a chance to meet Navajo Code Talkers throughout the week.
I invite you to attend any of the Marine Week events which are free and open to the public. As a hands-on, interactive experience, this will be a one-of-a-kind opportunity for Arizona. Help us show the Marines the gratitude we as a community and individuals feel for their service and sacrifice.
For additional Marine Week information, click here. For updates, follow Marine Week on these social media platforms:
- Facebook: “Marine Week” url: facebook.com/corpsconnection
- Twitter: marineweekphx url:twitter.com/marineweekphx
- Instagram: marineweekphoenix url: instagram.com/marineweekphoenix
- Snapchat: @marineweek
And in other news…
- Capital Place Apartments coming to Downtown Phoenix
- Cathedral Development Group closes on $44M Westward Ho refinancing
- New Phoenix Suns arena in the works?
- Professional Building returns to 1930s splendor as Downtown Phoenix hotel
- Wood Partners breaks ground on 230-unit Alta Fillmore Apartments
Arts and Culture
- A/C Theatre’s “Murder Ballad” kicks off 2015-16 season in Downtown Phoenix
- Artists “Repurpose the Book” at Burton Barr Central Library
- Bike Chic: Alexander Brunacini
- Chartreuse Gallery opens on Grand Avenue with “Hot Summer Nights”
- Directory cover art highlights unique characteristics of Downtown Phoenix
- Downtown Phoenix Journal introduces downtown-centric graphic design column
- Guatemalan immigration is subject of ASU’s Project Space in Downtown Phoenix
- New park opens between Valley Youth Theatre and ASU’s downtown dorms
- Ordinary shape of a circle is center of First Studio’s latest art show
- Street Style PHX: Ricci Demery and Jahmal Landers
Food and Drink
- Downtown Phoenix’s Forno 301 is reminiscent of Italy’s best cafes
- Exploring the art of chai lattes with Songbird Coffee
- 14 Downtown Phoenix places to satisfy late-night food cravings
- Harumi Sushi offers Downtown Phoenix a fresh taste of classic rolls
- New weekly market, Downtown Sundown, comes to Public Market
- Phoenix Pizza Festival coming to Civic Space Park
- Ramen shop, Italian restaurant to open in shared Downtown Phoenix space
- Roosevelt Row’s Vampire Hours keeping businesses open late
- Seven super-special dining deals and delicacies in Downtown Phoenix
- Valley Bar: there’s life underground
- Vegan House in Downtown Phoenix: green curry with faux-seafood
Back To School
- ASU downtown campus shuttle now takes students to the supermarket
- ASU law school receives $2M gift from Steele Foundation
- ASU public service students encouraged to find answers to community problems
- ASU students full of excitement & hope as fall semester begins
- NAU welcomes the new academic year in Flagstaff and Downtown Phoenix
What’s Trending Now
- 11 new things to do in Downtown Phoenix this fall
- Mesa light rail expansion debuts to thousands of riders
- Phoenix ranks as 6th best U.S. real estate market but Texas dominates
- Phoenix votes to approve long-range light rail extending transportation plan
- Secret soccer kicks off on Downtown Phoenix rooftops
- UA, Uber announce driverless cars research program
- What If: What do Phoenix election results say?
Points To Ponder
- Should Phoenix taxpayer money keep pro sports downtown?
- The Millennial case for Phoenix’s transit tax
- UA-Phoenix medical school gets warning from accreditors
- Victims of bike theft get back on the road thanks to Valley company
- Why the Phoenix Sky Harbor flight-path noise may drive you crazy
- Why you don’t see more vacant lots along light rail route
- A history of Phoenix’s Homesteads neighborhood
- Are Phoenix’s presidential streets in any order?
- Arizona 101: Downtown Phoenix bar fight in ’42 became a riot
- Seats to history: Phoenix grandstands
- Six Points area dotted with Phoenix history
- The history of garden apartments in Phoenix