Name: Megan Salisbury
Occupation: Student at ASU Downtown, Intern at Arizona Coalition to End Homelessness, Volunteer
Her Neighborhood: Medlock Place
What you love about downtown? The diversity of the community. The fact I don’t have to drive to get my everyday needs met, and it seems like most everyone I interact with is committed to buying local, and finding creative solutions to the changing society (such as with Valley of the Sunflowers). I like the urban component, the murals, the coffee shops, and the fact I can walk to great dining, an improv theatre, and my mechanic without trouble.
How you are involved in the community? I do a lot of work with the homeless. I am passionate about ending homelessness and aspire to live in a community where we can all have our basic needs met.
General biking ensemble: I tend to travel light because I’m clumsy. I definitely don’t wear flip flops while biking. I’ve learned my lesson with that.
- Vintage Schwinn Breeze – scored at a yard sale
- Helmet – Nutcase bought on clearance from REI
- Hello Kitty Bell – gift and tribute to a friend who passed away last year
- Light- headlamp fastened to the basket
What she’s wearing:
- Shirt and pants from Goodwill
- Shoes – simple flats from REI
- Earrings from Frances