(From the Wire includes press releases received from reliable sources that help tell the story of the many happenings in Greater Downtown Phoenix. Yep, they are ripped from our inbox.)
Attendees of the Phoenix Tequila Fest will be treated to all-day samplings of the finest brands and varieties of premium and ultra-premium tequilas, as well as tequila liqueurs, crèmes, infusions and flavored tequilas. Events and Activities include:
• TEQUILA – All day tastings and sampling of the world’s finest Tequilas including reposados/añejos/blancos, as well as organics and infusions.
• ENTERTAINMENT – All-day live entertainment, with headlining concert Center Stage with LA based Latin Rock band MONTE NEGRO.
• MEXICAN FOOD – All day sampling from top Valley Mexican restaurants including Dos Gringos, America’s Taco Shop, Plaza Bonita, Habaneros, and more with favorites such as carne asada, shrimp ceviche, flautas, taquitos, chimichangas and the best salsa North of the border.
• THE MARGARITA CHALLENGE, SPONSORED BY CRUZ TEQUILA- Sample the award-winning champion as chosen by the Phoenix Tequila Fest panel of celebrity and culinary judges. Top valley bartenders and mixologists will compete head to head with the Best Margarita served at the Phoenix Tequila Fest Margarita Challenge Booth.
• HOT PEPPER EATING CONTEST – Do you like it hot? If you can handle jalapeños, serranos and habaneros the Phoenix Tequila Fest will host its first annual hot pepper eating contest!
• HOLIDAY MARGARITA – Visit 3 Amigos Tequila Booth, serving Peppermint Margaritas for the Holidays (The 2010 Phoenix Tequila Fest Fan Favorite) as well as sample their organic, añejo, reposado and blanco tequilas.
• WHAT’S A REPOSADO? LEARN FROM THE TEQUILA EXPERTS – Master Tequila distillers will show you the difference in flavors between the varietals of añejo, reposado and blanco tequila. You’ll learn how tequila is made from the blue agave plant and discover how it is grown, harvested, roasted, fermented, distilled and aged in fine wood barrels to create the various expressions. And you’ll discover the hot trends in tequila, from how to serve tequila in “flights” or at dinner tequila pairings, to the newest tequila infusions made with mango, coffee, guayaba, habanero, pineapple, watermelon, even chocolate!
• Ride The TEQUILA EXPRESS! The Phoenix Tequila Fest is a Light Rail Ride Event. Ticketholders to the Phoenix Tequila Fest can ride METRO Light Rail at no additional cost beginning four hours prior to the event, through the end of the transit day.
If You Go
Saturday December 10 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm and Sunday December 11 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Tickets are $45 and include ALL tequila sampling and food tastings, the concert with Monte Negro and complete access to all exhibits and vendor booths of the Phoenix Tequila Fest. Tickets are on sale now at all Ticketmaster locations, www.ticketmaster.com charge by phone at 800-745-3000 www.phoenixtequilafest.com and the US Airways Center Box Office. Must be 21 and older to attend. All attendees must show proof of age for admittance.