For those of us geeks that have been scanning the Chase Field wireless hidden networks wondering when one of the twenty some-odd access points would be available to the fans, the wait is over. The Arizona Diamondbacks and MLB have teamed up with AT&T for a super sweet fan experience. The Diamondbacks announced on Friday that they have launched an interactive wireless portal for their fans attending the game. While MLB is always working to improve the fan experience through technology, the D-backs take pride in being the most fan friendly teams in Major League Baseball.
D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall said, “… Our digital D-backs (Wi-Fi) portal allows fans attending games at Chase Field to receive exclusive information and content about the team that they would not receive by watching the game at home.” Fans can use the portal to view special content that would only be available and pertinent to them while visiting the stadium.Some of the portal’s features include:
- Up-to-the moment box scores and game summaries
- On-demand video replays
- Chase Field information, history and tours
- Instructions on how to text Security to report any ballpark or guest behavior issues
- Fan captions for closed captioning of every public address announcement for hearing-impaired fans
- Listings of the nearest concession stands
- Complete D-backs roster information, regular-season schedule and current standings
- Ticket and promotion information for upcoming games at Chase Field
While MLB and its teams are making technological improvements to benefit the fans, Phoenix is lucky enough to be pioneers in the interactive game experience space, thanks in part to the 2011 All-Star game. With the All-Star game around the corner, there is sure to be more improvements to come for the City of Phoenix and our Arizona Diamondbacks.