Every weekend during the month of March, arts events will be hosted in downtown Phoenix and surrounding neighborhoods, along with events, exhibitions, and performances on other days throughout the month. In recognition of the local arts community and these public festivals, Mayor Phil Gordon has proclaimed March as “Phoenix Arts Month” and invites everyone to attend and celebrate.
- March 7-8, Art Detour: The city’s First Fridays art walk of local galleries and art spaces organized by Art Link. Free shuttles run beginning at Phoenix Center for the Arts, and take guests to destinations throughout downtown Phoenix.
- March 7-8, Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market: One of the nation’s most acclaimed gathering of Native American artists.
- March 12-15, West of Western Culinary Festival: Celebrating Arizona’s chefs and culinary arts at the Phoenix Art Museum
- March 15, Phoenix Art Museum: Spring exhibition “In Contemporary Rhythm” opens.
- March 21-22, Valley Fever Art Festival: Phoenix’s newest festival celebrating visual and performing arts, including music, dance, poetry, theater, street painting, and more at Heritage Square.
- March 28-29, Phoenix Fringe Festival: Innovative, experimental and provocative theater by local, national, and international artists.
For a full calendar of events during the month of March, click here.